Vegan Strawberry Milk
Whether you want to sip ordinary or flavored milk to quench your thirst, this vegan strawberry milk is all you need. This homemade vegan strawberry milk uses only four ingredients that you can find in your pantry and your fridge.
Moreover, this drink differs from sugary bottled milk that you can find in grocery and convenience stores. Those drinks are loaded with tablespoons of sugar, which could raise your blood glucose level and lead to obesity and diabetes.
It's a good thing you can make your own less sugary strawberry-flavored milk in the comfort of your home. Just combine fresh strawberries, plant-based milk, maple syrup, and water.
This mouthwatering strawberry milk has a low glycemic index, which makes it an excellent drink for those who have diabetes and are controlling their sugar intake. This is also a nutritious drink for vegans and vegetarians. Likewise, kids will love this delicious and healthy drink.
- Diced strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Cold oat milk
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Milk
- Prepping strawberries: Remove the top leaves of the strawberry, then rinse it with cold running water before dicing.
- Blending ingredients: Place water, maple syrup, and half of the strawberries in a blender.
3. Pouring and boiling: Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and boil for two minutes.
4. Mixing milk: Remove from the heat and pour the cold milk; mix well.
5. Serving: Place the remaining strawberries in a serving glass.
6. Enjoy! Pour in the strawberry milk and serve.
What does it taste like?
Vegan strawberry milk should taste creamy and sweet with a full flavor of fresh strawberries.
What if you use other plant-based milk?
Yes, you may use your preferred plant-based milk. The taste will slightly differ depending on the milk, but the flavor profile remains the same.
Can you use frozen strawberries for this recipe?
Fresh strawberries contain a higher concentration of vitamins and minerals than frozen ones. Some vitamins and minerals are vulnerable to cold and disintegrate when frozen and stored for an extended period.
How do you pick fresh strawberries in the grocery store?
If your grocers pack mouthwatering red strawberries, you may select those packs in the back. These fruits are the freshest since supermarkets, and grocers follow the “first in, first out” rule. If your grocers sell them by weight, then choose brightly colored berries. These fruits should also shine naturally and still have green caps.
- You can blend all the ingredients if you want smooth and creamy vegan strawberry milk. Doing this will copy the flavored milk in the grocery stores.
- Place the strawberry milk in the fridge for a couple of hours if you want to drink it cold.