Noodle dishes are a part of Asian culture. Accordingly, noodles date back to ancient China and the Middle East.
No one knows where, exactly, it originated.
But the Chinese popularized noodle dishes for the past century, making their noodles the standard for what good noodle dishes should taste like.
Looking for a delicious spicy noodles recipe?
If so, then you are in the right place, as this noodle dish is a perfect weeknight dinner that bursts with umami flavors!
Prepare the following ingredients beforehand:
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Oyster sauce
- Gochujang paste
- Vegetable oil
- Sliced yellow onion
- Minced garlic cloves
- Thinly sliced beef tenderloin
- Egg noodles, prepared per package instructions
- Thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Sliced green beans
- Chopped napa cabbage, chopped
- Ground black pepper
How to Make Spicy Noodles
Step 1: Combine soy sauce, white vinegar, oyster sauce, and gochujang paste in a small bowl.
Step 2: Saute sliced onions and mince garlic in a heated skillet with the vegetable oil for a minute until the onions become translucent.
Step 3: Add the chopped beef, and continue sauteing for 30 seconds.
Step 3: Toss the egg noodles, prepared sauce, bell peppers, green beans, and napa cabbage. Then, cook for another 3 minutes.
Step 4: Season it with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Slice the beef tenderloin across the grain will slightly break down the muscle fibers and connective tissues, making the beef tender enough. The tenderizing of meat also varies in the cooking process, which is why this spicy noodles recipe is quick and easy.
- Not a fan of napa cabbages? You may use regular cabbage. Just make sure to shred them to have a finer texture.
- Limes and lemons will elevate the flavor of this dish. A dash of lime juice will not ruin the dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it taste like? Beefy and spicy. These delicious beef spicy noodles are a fusion of Asian and Western flavors that will linger in your mouth and draw some cravings.
- What can be expected? Aside from its flavors, this spicy beef recipe is huge, so you need to use a larger skillet or a wok. This will ensure that the ingredients won’t be a mess.
- Will the flat rice noodles work on this beef recipe? Yes, of course. You may use rice noodles instead of regular egg noodles. You just need to prepare the rice noodles per the package instructions.