Banana Nutella French Toast Rolls
Working people understand how breakfast has become so underrated. You work relentlessly from the moment you wake up until way after you clock out. Sometimes, you might wish to find a better balance between work and life.
If you get the chance, you might want to explore other ways to enjoy breakfast and not rely on cereal and milk.
What if you use French toast? You can experiment with French toast and create a filling first meal of the day.
For example, you can try making a banana Nutella roll-up, soaked in French toast batter and fried.
However, you can also try other fruits! It's hard to go wrong with this recipe, to be honest. You can use whatever you have in the pantry for this delicious breakfast.
- 6 pcs of bread
- 1 banana sliced thinly
- 6tbsps of Nutella (or any chocolate spread)
- Confectioner’s sugar (for garnishing)
Ingredients for French Toast Batter
- 2 tbsps of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
How to Make Banana Nutella French Toast Rolls
1. Prepping the bread: Slice off the edges of your bread. Doing so allows for better rolling because you don’t have to deal with the tough bread crust. However, you can choose not to cut them off. Make sure you can flatten your bread regardless of the edges. After cutting them off, you can store the cut edges in the freezer for breadsticks and croutons.
2. Flatten the bread: Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread. If you don't have one, you may use any hard cylindrical object. You can use a wine bottle or a thick glass near me. Roll the bread until you reach your desired thickness. Get the bread as thin as possible for easier rolling. Your edges mustn’t be thick, so they don’t eventually open up after rolling.
3. Slice the banana: Slice your banana thinly. It also helps with the rolling if your bananas are thin enough. If they’re thick, you might have difficulty keeping your rolls sealed.
4. Spread the Nutella: Use one spoonful of Nutella per slice of bread. It’s a good amount for all hazelnut lovers out there.
5. Roll the bread: Roll them all up! The Nutella serves as a perfect glue for these roll-ups.
6. Soak the bread: Soak them in your French toast batter. It takes a little longer to seep through because the crumb has already changed and compressed. There are not many air pockets to fill in anymore. Coat all the sides well.
7. Fry the rolls: Fry them in a pan with very little oil. If you want to add butter, do so when the rolls are almost done because the butter burns quickly.
8. Add sugar: Sift some powdered sugar on top for a sweet garnish. You may also sprinkle more cinnamon powder if you wish.
9. Ready to serve: Voila! Your Banana Nutella French Toast Roll-ups are ready. Enjoy a delicious breakfast whenever you want with this hearty recipe!